Friday, September 11, 2009

What I did on my summer vacation part 4 - projects

Besides the garden, I finally finished pinstriping the halllway - yay! But I haven't taken any pics yet. Don't worry - I'll post pics when my little sports shrine is complete.

I also worked on some little decorative rocks for the garden:





Dawn from Spin City-NY started an Aeolian shawl spin-a-long/knit-a-long. I'm waaaay behind on it, but I did manage to get my swatches done:





The swatch on the left is shetland and the one on the right is ramboulliet. While I like the color of the rambo better, the yarn has too much recovery for a lace pattern - the pattern keeps getting lost as the fibers scrunch together. It would make some nice socks though.

I've actually finished spinning and plying all my shetland - the biiiiiiig garbage bag of shetland I bought at MDSW a few years ago. It's on a bobbin waiting to be skeined and have the yardage counted. I sure hope I have enough to knit the friggin thing!

I also managed to finish a lot of stuff from my WIP box. I'm now down to only 2 drop spindles with fiber still to be spun, a felted bag that I have to finish the i-cord handle for, and a jacket I'm knitting. Pics are on my Rav page.

No comments: